Thousand Trails Idyllwild24400 Canyon Trail Idyllwild, CA 92549
Thousand Trails Idyllwild24400 Canyon Trail Idyllwild, CA 92549
Nestled at an elevation of more than 7,000 feet, Thousand Trails Idyllwild RV Campground is one of the few destinations in Southern California with all four seasons. With close to 300 sites spread over 200 acres, this Idyllwild RV campground in California is a full-service preserve with something for everyone, from basic tent camping to sites for your luxury RV. Tucked away in the refreshing California pine cove region, this RV campground also has cabins to rent if you prefer not to drive your own rig up the mountain.
Thousand Trails Idyllwild RV Campground offers a wide range of activities and amenities during the summer from mid May to mid September. Our staff is always ready to show you around our RV campground in California's mountain country.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Idyllwild RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
OFF SEASON ACTIVITY: We are open year round. However, during our off season from mid September through mid May, the pool area, restaurant, store and fishing are closed. Also, there are no scheduled activities during this time.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Children's Playground
- Volleyball Court (bring equipment)
- Ping Pong
- Video Games at the Lodge
- Horseshoes (bring equipment)
- Shuffleboard (bring equipment)
- Play in the snow (watch weather for snow accumulation)
- Impromptu activities (dependent on park occupancy)
- Pool - limited hours and occupancy
- Fish Pond
- Basketball Court (bring equipment)
- Safe Distance Activities
Our cancellation policies have been temporarily updated due to COVID-19. Please click here to review our current policies.
COVID-19 Liability Disclaimer
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious.
This property has put in place enhanced health and safety measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must adhere to all property rules, as well as all health advisories issued by relevant governmental and health authorities, relating to COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene practices during your stay with us.
However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and there is no guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19.
By your entry upon the property, you voluntarily assume, on behalf of yourself and any minors in your custody, all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after entry upon the property. Neither the property nor any of its affiliates shall be responsible for any exposure to COVID-19.
Let’s keep our community safe and healthy.
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Campsite check-out: 12 noon
- Campsite check-in: 12 noon
- Rental check-in: 4 p.m.
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- Guests aged 12 years and under at the time of check in are considered children.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. To download the form, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf.
- Summer Office Hours
- Mon - Wed: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thu - Sun: 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Fri & Sat: 7 a.m. - 12 midnight
- Pets are allowed. See more here
After Hours Check-in
The last check in for RVs and tents is at 6 p.m. (no exceptions). We encourage you to make every effort to arrive before this time. If you do arrive late, call the phone number posted at the Ranger Station for after hours check-in assistance (it may take up to 30 minutes for the on-call Ranger to arrive)
Winter Office Hours:
Sun - Wed: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thu - Sat: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
All vehicles, including those with four-wheel-drive or snow tires, should carry chains when traveling in snowy weather. Highway signs and QuickMap will indicate when chains are required and drivers must stop and install chains.
Tire Chains or 4-wheel Drive May be Required. Please be aware of Road Conditions prior to arrival.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: If I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
- Your credit card will be charged one night rack rate prior to arrival.
- Balance due on reservation start date.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Off Season Activity: We are open year round. However, during our off season from mid September through mid May, the pool area, restaurant, store and fishing are closed. There are also no scheduled activities during this time period.
- When bringing an RV, we recommend coming prepared with leveling blocks as some sites may be unleveled.
- There are limited sewer sites available. Sites are first come, first served.
- We cannot accept motorhomes or any vehicle more than 38 feet long.
- Daily maid service is not provided.
- Wood fires are NEVER allowed at Idyllwild. We do allow propane and charcoal grills (charcoal briquettes only) and propane fire pits. NEVER leave a fire unattended.
- Complimentary WiFi hotspots located at the pool area and lodge. Additional WiFi hotspots in select areas available from Jabba Communications for a fee.